Topic: connected components in a grey scale image
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 15, 2008 11:01 AM

Deo

Re: connected components in a grey scale image

ImageAnalyst <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message
<821dc1f7-8d8f-4ffe-b213-
d9f1ee0bb355@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>...
> On May 14, 3:56=A0pm, "Deo " <spli...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > "us " <u...@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message
> >
> > <g0feae$mf...@fred.mathworks.com>...> "Deo ":

> > > <SNIP not happy with ML labellers...

still =A0
image
> > > am working with have values between 0 and 1...
> >
> > > two of the (possible) solutions
> >
> > > % 1) use some threshold to compute a binary
> > > % 2) try whether this is more helpful
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0help watershed;

> > > us
> >
> > I have too many intensity values to use thresholds..

and I
> > tried watershed for some time ago without much luck
>
> ------------------------------------
> Deo:
> Are you still looking for some kind of region growing or

seed fill
> algorithm? You can do simple ones with thresholding.
Can you explain
> how exactly you define "connected" when the image is
composed of
> continous gray levels, because you haven't given a good
explanation
> for why thresholding won't work?
> Regards,
> ImageAnalyst

take an example an image with values like

0.009 0.009 0.009
0.001 0.8 0.007
0.001 0.9 0.006
0.9 0.001 0.7
(simple but am working with 200x400 pixel images with can
have up to 50 different intensities) so I like to label the
image above like
1 1 1
2 3 4
2 5 6