The Math Forum

Topic: Primes of the form n!+1
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 27, 2008 5:28 PM

Bill Daly

Re: Primes of the form n!+1

On Jun 26, 2:02 pm, Robert Israel
<> wrote:
> that we don't know any reason to expect n!+1 to be divisible by anything in
> particular.

Well, in some cases we do, e.g. (p-1)!+1 is divisible by p whenever p
is prime, and if 4n+3 is prime, then it divides either (2n+1)!+1 or (2n
+1)!-1. This isn't going to help much for enumeration, though.