SIMPLE AND FUN!! ---------------- TALE$PIN is a new and innovative form of internet entertainment. It combines a popular parlor game with an exciting money-making twist!
Just read and enjoy the Tale at the end of this message. If you like, you can add a sentence or so at the end to move the Tale along.
To play the game, find the List of Authors down below. Each Author has an address; send one dollar to each Author (there are six). Using your editor, remove the Author #1, renumber #2 thru #6 so that #2 becomes #1. Then add your name and address to the List as #6. Then go crazy posting the new Tale and List (with these instructions) to as many newsgroups as you can think of; even e-mail it to your friends and family. Not only will you be entertained each time you encounter a new and different version of the Tale, but, if you get your Tale spread around enough, you'll get a mailbox stuffed full of $$$$!
THE TALE -------- 1. Keep the language clean. We're not trying to offend anyone.
2. We are not writing a novel! If you add to the Tale, don't overdo it - so the posts won't get too big.
3. When the Tale seems to be finished or is getting too long (100 lines or so), start it anew. You can cut back to the beginning or start a new Tale altogether!
4. Take the Tale wherever you want! Make it funny, or sad, or whatever. Remember that you are trying to entertain; but, we're not going for Pulitzer, so don't lose sleep over it.
5. Imagine the thousands of variations of the story that will be written. When you see a post entitled TALE$PIN, you can get a thrill by seeing how that version has evolved!
5. Enjoy yourself!
THE GAME -------- 1. The Tale provides a truly enjoyable form of entertainment that shouldn't annoy anyone. Don't be afraid to post your Tale to as many groups as possible, since the reader is sure to be entertained by it - even if the reader is not interested in becoming an Author.
2. You really can make a bundle of $$$$$ being an Author. By spreading your Tale around, you increase your potential. Say if ten people take your Tale and become Authors, and then if each of those Tales are responded to by ten people, and then (and so on), you can see that you could easily be overrun with $$$$ in your mailbox!
3. Spread your Tale around; there are tens of thousands of newsgroups and most of them expand on a daily basis. A handfull of persons will enjoy your Tale and want to become Authors. That's all it takes.
4. Send U.S. one dollar bills to the Authors; avoid checks or foreign currency.
5. Remember: All the $$$$ you receive is really royalty for your contribution to the Tale and for your (minimal) work distributing it across the net. By becoming an Author, you are providing entertainment for thousands of people!
LIST OF AUTHORS --------------- 1. Kevin Martin 1433 Wheeler Ave La Verne, CA 91750
2. Greg Owen 34552 N. 19th Ave #122 Phoenix, AZ 85233
3. Donna Jansen 4162 McKinney St. Dallas, TX 75225
4. Dana Vanderhoff 155 Niel Ave #3A Columbus, OH 43202
6. Tim Langseth PO Box 44078 Eden Prairie, MN 55344
THE TALE ----------------------------------------------------------- Trudy Monroe was peering into the fog on the edge of a cliff overlooking the bay. She could faintly make out what was surely the Persimmon, a sailing vessel captained by her cohort Simms. Her radio transmitter had been lost along with her purse when, minutes before, she had fallen while scurrying down the hill-side path. She knew Simms would stay a while longer even though she was over an hour late; no doubt he was waiting impatiently for her to signal.