Topic: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Replies: 110   Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 9:46 PM

Nat Silver

Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation

Angus Rodgers wrote:
> Gib Bogle wrote:
>

>> I'm sorry to say this, Angus, because I know you mean well,
>> but you are really being a bit stupid. It should be completely
>> obvious to you by now that James has not the slightest interest
>> in reading any mathematical texts. Giving him advice like this
>> is equivalent to pissing into the wind.

> But James isn't going to go away, is he? I might as well get used
> to him. And in a weird kind of way, I'm enjoying this, while fully
> realising that it might be an ancient sci.math rite of passage, and
> it might not be fruitful at any level whatsoever. The way in which
> the conversation keeps going even when it appears to have
> become reduced to utter nothingness seems almost like Zen
> (whatever that is).

You are romanticizing the situation.
James does go away from time to time,
and the newsgroup is the better for it.
He leaves when the chorus of boos
becomes loud enough.

Date Subject Author
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Jose Carlos Santos
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Marnie Northington
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Owl-Stretching Time
jstevh@gmail.com
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Bill Dubuque
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
marcus_b
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
marcus_b
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Michael Press
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Marnie Northington
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Jesse F. Hughes
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Bill Dubuque
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
amzoti
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Bill Dubuque
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
rossum
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
amzoti
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Marnie Northington
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
narasimham
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Gib Bogle
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
9/11/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Gib Bogle
9/9/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/10/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
marcus_b
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Enrico
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
amzoti
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
9/12/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Canaan Banana
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Gib Bogle
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Nat Silver
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Michael Press
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Jesse F. Hughes
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Denis Feldmann
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
rossum
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Tim Smith
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Denis Feldmann
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Patrick Karl
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
mensanator
9/15/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/15/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
rossum
9/19/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Frank J. Lhota
9/19/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/19/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
mensanator
9/20/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Tim Smith
9/20/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
rossum
9/20/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/20/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
jstevh@gmail.com
9/20/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Rotwang
9/20/08
[...]
Achava Nakhash, the Loving Snake
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Angus Rodgers
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
rossum
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Denis Feldmann
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Tim Peters
9/14/08
[...]
Martin Cohen
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Bill Dubuque
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Tim Smith
9/14/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Bill Dubuque
9/13/08
Read Re: JSH: Pythagorean Triplets and Pell's Equation
Alan Morgan