Topic: xlsread error (mac): "unexpected record length"
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 12:50 AM

Marc

Re: xlsread error (mac): "unexpected record length"

oscaro@shaw.ca wrote in message <388cc077-d003-4ecb-ae1f-b308eb8b5379@googlegroups.com>...
> Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem, one file it works for and an essentially identical file (from the same template, saved with slightly different numbers on a different date).
>
> Joel K
>

> On Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:55:05 PM UTC-8, Eric wrote:

> > Hi there.
> > I recently just switched to a Mac and am encountering some new problems. xlsread is giving me the error:
> > "File contains unexpected record length. Try saving as Excel 98."

What version of Matlab and excel are you using on Mac? Any relevant code that produces this error.

Many things have changed since 2008/2009. The most recent Matlab version with Office 2011 for Mac seem to give reproducible results as long as the excel file is saved as xlsx or xlsm extension.

Way back when, on a PC, I got some weird results with xlsread due to an excel add on my company pushed on a new computer. So, if you have any macros or add ons in your excel files, this may throw Matlab off.