Topic: function of uniform probability
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 3:05 AM

matt271829-news@yahoo.co.uk

Re: function of uniform probability

On Feb 11, 1:52 am, Matt <matt271829-n...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The only way I can see is
> to somehow contrive to have a maximum or minimum at every value within
> [a,b] (for some t) and make the limiting probability over t = 0 to t =
> T come right as T -> infinity, if that's possible (I don't know if it
> is).

Actually, thinking some more, I'm not certain that this "smooth
function with maximum/minimum at every value" isn't possible to
achieve within a finite range of t (which could then potentially be
replicated periodically). But that would be a highly exotic function
-- pathological even, one might say -- and probably nothing like what
you want.