--------------------------------------
Date: 1/29/95 9:05 AM
To: Tim Erickson
From: Jim Swift
Is anyone exploring the possibilities for software support of the AP
Statistics Course? I see a lot of powerful engines that are comprehensive,
large and
expensive. I also see a few shareware packages, some large, but which in
most cases have drawbacks, most of them in the area of the design interface.
I dont think it is too early to start a serious for titles that are

(a) relatively inexpensive,
(b) dual (at least) platform Mac, Windows/Dos would also be nice to have OS2
(c) comprehensive or a suite of programs

We also need to look at the graphing calculator, by the time that the exam
comes round, I expect that the picture of the calculator capabilities will
have changed dramatically.

Another need is a specification of the capablities of the software.

We can keep the responses archived somewhere and periodically summarize.

Jim
Jim Swift Haraka,
Burnaby South 2000 Secondary School haraka,
5455 Rumble St., Burnaby BC hyini
Canada V5J 2B7 (604) 664-8560 ext 1201 Baraka

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 08:57:05 PST
To: apstat-l@etc.bc.ca
From: jswift@cln.etc.bc.ca (Jim Swift)
Subject: Software for AP Statistics