Topic: Sharing tests
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 22, 1996 10:09 AM

Rex Boggs

Re: Sharing tests

AlCoons@aol.com wrote:
> I hope that many of us will share our tests. Even if we simply sent them in
> text format most of the questions will be of value.

I have been doing something like this for the past year, with secondary
mathematics assessment and resources, including some statistics (though
not much).

I maintain the SMARD website - Secondary Mathematics and Assessment and
Resource Database at http://cq-pan.cqu.edu.au/schools/smad/smad.html

I gather assessment and other resources from maths teachers around the
globe, and make them available as either text files (where applicable)
or as Word 6.0 documents (if they include tables, equations or
graphics).

I haven't had any problems with security (eg kids snooping around) and
would be very surprised if it became an issue. Once the database has a
reasonable size, it would be an extraordinary student who did all the
assessment items in the database on the off-chance that one of them
would appear on the test!

If this idea catches on (and I certainly hope it does) I will certainly
be asking the authors of good questions if I can put them into my
website.

Cheers

Rex Boggs
Glenmore High School