Topic: WAV file Export and Import
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 21, 2010 4:23 AM

Goyder Dr HGD

Re: WAV file Export and Import

Dear Roger,

I sent the question to Wolfram Technical Support and got some useful help.
Apparently there is some difficulty with SampledSoundList and a better
approach is to use ListPlay as I give in the example below. This
example works perfectly except that the waveform is rescaled to lie
between -1 and +1 as it is exported. My suggestion is that there ought
to be an option that allows the user to scale the value to whatever
they wish but that if it is outside -1 to +1 then the data is
clipped.

With regard to why I extract the data using g[[1,1,1]] try examining
the input form of g as I do below. You will see that the data is held
within a nested set of lists and functions. This is a standard way of
extracting data when held in this form.

Hope that helps

Hugh Goyder

d = Table[8*Sin[100*2*Pi*t], {t, 0, 2. - 1./4000, 1./4000}];

Length[d]

ListPlot[d[[1 ;; 100]]]

d1 = ListPlay[d, SampleRate -> 4000]

Export["try1.wav", d1]