Topic: Simplification question
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 2:05 AM

Daniel Huber

Re: Simplification question

Hi,
sometimes mathematica needds just a little help from a friend...
Assuming[Element[{a, b,}, Reals],
1/2 Log[(Exp[a + b] + Exp[-a - b])/(Exp[-a + b] + Exp[a - b])] ==
ArcTanh[Tanh[a] Tanh[b]] // TrigToExp // Simplify]

cheers, Daniel