Topic: Problems during Generation of a Spherical Point Cloud
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 24, 2010 11:45 PM

maniacWaltz

Re: Problems during Generation of a Spherical Point Cloud

Hi, Nic,

Thanks for your help.

SphereArray=XYZD2Sphere(BW,XYZD);

I want to generate a binary point cloud of a sphere in an array as same size as the input BW. The XYZD is a 4-element vector. The first 3 elements are the XYZ coordinates of the sphere's center point and the 4th element is the diameter of the sphere.

For example:
SphereArray=XYZD2Sphere(false(128,128,128),[50 60 70 30]);
patch(isosurface(SphereArray,0));

will get an output SphereArray a 128-128-128 binary array with a 30-cm diameter sphere (trues) located around center point [50 60 70].

But now the sphere centers at [60 50 70]. I guess the x and y axis swap. I cannot find the errors from the code.