Topic: 2 issues with Mathematica-data handling
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 17, 2010 1:22 AM

deepyogurt@gmail.com

Re: 2 issues with Mathematica-data handling

On Aug 16, 3:55 am, Debasish Banerjee <deb.ban...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently having two problems with Numerical Data handling with
> Mathematica. I would appreciate any help in this regard.
>
> 1. I import a set of data along with the error-bars in Mathematica from a
> data-file. I can use ErrorListPlot to plot the
> data along with error-bars. But how do I plot the data with errors on a
> log-scale? I can, of course, calculate log and then plot, but is there an
> automatic command to do this? I couldn't find it on Help.
>
> 2. I have data points with, say 14 significant digits, after the decimal.
> But when I import this in Mathematica, this automatically truncates this to
> about 6 or 7 digits. How do I get around this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Debasish

Try downloading the ErrorBarLogPlots package from
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/6747/ - I think it
has functions for what you are doing.

-Bob