Topic: palettes that would not move
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 5:36 AM

deepyogurt@gmail.com

Re: palettes that would not move

On Oct 21, 5:04 am, "fe...@123mail.org" <fe...@123mail.org> wrote:
> I am using Mathematica 7 under Linux Lucid Lynx. When I open a palette,
> it appears on the screen with it's bar hidden on the top, out of reach.
> Since one needs to click on this bar to drag the palette to another
> position on the screen, I cannot move the palette.
> If anyone has experienced this or has any clue to share, I would be
> grateful.
>
> Thanks.

You can try to use the Option Inspector to set the "WindowMargins"
option to affect the window position so that it moves down some amount
and is then selectable. Just open up the Option Inspector and then
make sure to set the palette window to be the "Scope". Don't have the
Linux Mathematica, so not sure what the Option Inspector looks like on
it, but hopefully you can figure it out knowing where to start. Look
up help on the Option Inspector if you need to.

If you need assistance with the details let me know. Have fun...

-Bob