The Math Forum

Topic: Finding Nth prime
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 22, 2011 7:37 PM

Calumnist

Re: Finding Nth prime / yume2

[un-re the above, now re yume2 - <http://yume2.sourceforge.net/> : ]

> I'm trying to make/compile/install the yume code. I've already got
> xforms installed.
> Downloading the archive, unzipping it and extracting the files all went
> fine. I now have a "yume2" directory.
>
> When I try `make' , I get an error message as copied below:
>
> [ yume2]$ make
> gcc -I./src -o ./bin/yume-def-init -lX11 -lforms -lXpm -Wall -O3
> ./src/yume-def-init.c
> ./src/yume-def-init.c:125:19: error: forms.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from ./src/yume-def-init.c:131: < snip >
>
> I'm wondering if forms.h might be related to the xforms library. Maybe
> you have an idea what I might need to do for installing yume2.

Yes, forms.h is a 200KB xforms header file that should appear in
/usr/local/include/ or similar directory. It may be that your
xforms download or install included binaries of xforms libraries
but not the headers. On fedora-core you would need to install
xforms-devel-1.0.93... as well as xforms-1.0.93... . On Ubuntu, apt
searching for xforms brings up XForms, which is a W3C XML format for
(eg) web forms, rather than the xforms X Window System GUI package.

I plan to migrate yume2 from xforms to Gtk in the next few months;
Gtk seems to be in much wider use on linux systems. You can email
me about yume via yume at pat7.com.

--
jiw