Topic: Re: [mg4346] Abort options in Windows
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Aleksey Nudelman

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Gerry Flanagan wrote:

> Sometimes after hitting an iterrupt on the Windows version of Mathematica, I
> get the following text printed in the notebook cell
>
> Your options are:
> abort (or a) to abort current calculation
> continue (or c) to continue
> exit (or quit) to exit Mathematica
> inspect (or i) to enter an interactive dialog
> show (or s) to show current operation (and then continue)
> trace (or t) to show all operations
>
> How can I actually do any of these things. The keyboard doesn't respond to
> things like "a" for "c". Normally, things are so fouled up at this point I
> end up disconnecting from the kernal, but I'm still curious. - Gerry F.

Hi
I think this is OK that keyboard does not respond to c because you simply
continue your calculations. Try to run some long cycle increasing j by 1 at
every step. Than do Ctrl C. And choose from the above menu i. You should get
a new prompt of Mathematica (say In[2] =)type j and press return
Mathematica should give you an encreased value of j. Not only that if you
limit the maximal value of j say by 100,then interapt Math. at say j=24 go
to i and write j=100.Then exit interactive mode (Return []).Mathematica
will use now j=100 and will exit from the cycle.

Aleksey Nudelman