Topic: Difference between Web Browser & Help Browser
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 3, 2011 1:33 AM

Shanmugam Kannappan

Re: Difference between Web Browser & Help Browser

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ikllec$f8n$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Shanmugam Kannappan" <shanmugambe@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi!
> >
> > I have been trying to browse a website in the "Help browser" which
> > requires,Username & Password.
> >
> > It seems its not working with Help Browser but it works with Web Browser.
> >
> > The Idea is to browse a particular web site in Help Browser not in Web
> > browser.

> Why?
>

> > Can anyone suggest me on this?
>
> To me, it would make more sense to browse a _web_site in the _Web_ Browser
> rather than the _Help_ Browser.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hello Steve!

Thanks for the reply.

Btw, My task is I am integrating my own functions with MATLAB(like a new toolbox)
I am adding my toolbox website in the help browser(which requires authentication).
When I click on the web site in the help browser it opens up the login page but when I enter my login details & press login button it comes out of the help browser & says login failed.
But it works with web browser.
I wanted to know what is the main property which makes the help browser to behave in this way?

Hope its clear.
Regards,
Shan!