Topic: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Replies: 51   Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 5:30 PM

Peltio

Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann

AES wrote :

> Opened my copy of Mathematica 8.0 on my MacBook running Snow Leopard,
> and as my first action typed in and evaluated the famous integral
>
> Timing[Integrate[x^3 /(Exp[x]-1),{x,0,Infinity}]]
>
> It took 19.8 seconds to get the famous result Pi^4 / 15.
>
> Seems a bit long -- what might have been taking up the time?

It is not clear if you had already started up a kernel before
evaluating the integral.
Try it this way: first thing first evaluate
1+1
Then evaluate your integral.

Date Subject Author
3/12/11
Read Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/12/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Sebastian
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
idrevetnom
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Syd Geraghty
3/14/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/15/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Roman
3/16/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/18/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Uayeb
3/19/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/17/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Peter Pein
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
telefunkenvf14
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Tyler
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Andrzej Kozlowski
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
sjoerd.c.devries@gmail.com
3/13/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Murray Eisenberg
3/14/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Peltio
3/15/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/14/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
DrMajorBob
3/14/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
E. Martin-Serrano
3/15/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
leigh pascoe
3/15/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Peter Lindsay
3/15/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Daniel Lichtblau
3/16/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/16/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
E. Martin-Serrano
3/17/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/18/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
sigmundv@gmail.com
3/19/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/19/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/16/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Murray Eisenberg
3/17/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
E. Martin-Serrano
3/17/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Heike Gramberg
3/17/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Andrzej Kozlowski
3/18/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Robert Rosenbaum
3/18/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Syd Geraghty
3/19/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Curtis Osterhoudt
3/19/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
DrMajorBob
3/20/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Helen Read
3/20/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Andrzej Kozlowski
3/21/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Helen Read
3/20/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Andrzej Kozlowski
3/20/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Heike Gramberg
3/21/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
AES
3/21/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
DrMajorBob
3/21/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Andrzej Kozlowski
3/21/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Robert Rosenbaum
3/22/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
DrMajorBob
3/31/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Curtis Osterhoudt
4/1/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Peter Pein
4/1/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
Peter Pein
4/2/11
Read Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
George Woodrow III
4/2/11