Topic: File directory
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 28, 2011 7:14 AM

Christoph Lhotka

Re: File directory

thats easy, just use {$MachineName, NotebookDirectory[]} to get the name
of the computer and the absoulte file directory of the notebook in which
you type in the command.

best,

christoph

On 27/07/2011 12:14, E. Frauendorfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am often working in two kernels with Mathematica Programs coming from

different directories also from different drives. After working some
time, I very
> often don't remember the origin of a particular open program.
>
> On opening a notebook the name of the program always appears on top of
> the notebook, but not the origin. In my latest installation of

Mathematica (8.01 on Win 7, 64 bit) I am no longer able to find the
origin of an open program.