Topic: RE: Dolciani
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 17, 2011 5:00 PM

Beth Hentges

RE: Dolciani

Um, no. In my Algebra I class we had to write a two-column proof every time we solved an equation!

Beth in MN

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Alain Schremmer
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:05 PM

"she was influential in developing the basic modern method used for teaching basic algebra in the United States (i.e., teaching it on the basis of drill like arithmetic, rather than on the basis of proofs as in Euclidean geometry)."

If that is indeed the case, then I owe a huge apology to Rosa.

Puzzled regards
- --schremmer