Topic: FFT coefficient?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 19, 2011 2:59 PM

Marc Sean

Re: FFT coefficient?

"Image Analyst" wrote in message <j7l85p$46o$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Marc:
> I don't know what that means. Perhaps it means the value of the FFT at each frequency??? Why do you care, if you don't even know what it is? Why don't you tell us what you're really after and we'll suggest ways to get there (rather than make guesses at creating something that we don't even know what it is)?

Thanks all.
I'm after the phase of a signal. I like to find a way to measure how much the phase of a signal at any given time point, t, differ from the next t+1, etc.
By looking at the phase of the signal, I can tell if it is noise or data. Noise would have phases all over, while signal is narrow banded.
I read about this somewhere but forgotten about it until now that I'm forced to face it again. Any idea how to do phase consistency measurement?