FriCAS is an advanced computer algebra system. Its capabilities range from calculus (integration and differentiation) to abstract algebra. It can plot functions and has integrated help system.
FriCAS 1.1.6 builds on Linux and many Unix like systems (for example Mac OSX and Solaris 10). FriCAS is build on top of Common Lisp; several Lisps can compile and run FriCAS -- currently supported are GCL, SBCL, Clisp, ECL, Closure CL.
- Added power series expanders for Weierstrass elliptic functions at 0.
- New functions: kroneckerProduct and kroneckerSum for matrices, numeric weierstrassInvariants and modularInvariantJ, symbolic Jacobi Zeta, double float numeric elliptic integrals.
- New domains for vectors and matrices of unsigned 8 and 16 bit integers.
- Changes to Spad compiler: underscores which are not needed as escape are now significant in Spad names and strings, macros with parameters are supported, added partial support for exceptions, braces can be used for grouping.
- A few speedups.
- Reduced disc space usage during build.
Bug fixes, in particular:
- Fixed eval of hypergeometricF at 0
- Fixed problem with scope of macros.
- Worked around problems with openinig named pipes in several Lisp implementations.
- Fixed a problem with searching documentation via HyperDoc.