Topic: How to correctly and completely clear Matlab workspace?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 3, 2012 9:34 PM

Paul

Re: How to correctly and completely clear Matlab workspace?

"Paul" wrote in message <k74fu4$1m8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Phil Goddard" <phil@goddardconsulting.ca> wrote in message <jm43lm$5ed$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Note that although functions are the right way to do this, Simulink will be default look for its data in the MATLAB base workspace not the function from which the model is being called.
> >
> > To overcome this you need to understand the SrcWorkspace and DstWorkspace options.
> >
> > Search the doc for either of those terms for more info on how to use them.
> >
> > Phil.

> Phil,
>
> As indicated in this this thread:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/292544#783314
>
> SrcWorkspace and DstWorkspace were deprecated as of R2009b. But the doc page for 2012b (http://www.mathworks.com/help/simulink/slref/sim.html) indicates that SrcWorkspace is still valid (and doesn't say it's deprecated), but also does not show DstWorkspace as a valid parameter. But at least one other doc page does talk about using DstWorkspace, so it's not clear if it's still supported. Any idea if Dst/SrcWorkspace are still deprecated or even implemented or did TMW change their mind about that?
>
> Paul

Actually, the thread I referenced above only says that SrcWorkspace is deprecated and doesn't say anything at all about DstWorkspace. I'm more interested in whether or not SrcWorkspace is still deprecated or not, and only mildly curious about the status of DstWorkspace.

Paul