Topic: pseudo random image with values -1 and 1 , zero mean and Gaussian distribution
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 7, 2012 7:00 AM

sudesh

Re: pseudo random image with values -1 and 1 , zero mean and Gaussian distribution

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <jo2sq1$sko$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "sudesh" wrote in message <jo2sen$rg1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > My requirement is - to use a pseudo-noise generator to generate a pseudo random image with values -1 and 1 , zero mean and Gaussian distribution. help!!!
> >
> > I am trying to use imnoise
> >
> > noiseI=imnoise(I,'gaussian',0,0.01); but could not able to find the way the value would be -1 and 1 only.

> Strictly speaking and *Gaussian* noise by definition is unbounded, so requiring a Gaussian noise to be in [-1,1] is nonsense.
>
> That's having said, you should take a look at this FEX
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/23832-truncated-gaussian
>
> Bruno

Thanks !!!
I was trying to replicate some results shown in one research paper for the comparison purpose. In that its written the above statement.
So if you know how to bring down the values to -1 and 1 with mean zero, it would be a great help to me. plz.