Topic: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jul 26, 2012 3:32 AM

Alexey

Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

The default MathKernel process with name "Local" is launched (starting from
the version 6) with the '-noicon' command-line option which hides it from
the taskbar under Windows. It is possible to create auto-launching kernel
without this option (say "Local+") by using the "Kernel Configuration
dialog" and removing the '-noicon' part in the "Arguments to MLOpen" field
under "Advanced options" (one should also set "Automatically launch on fromt
end startup"). After this we can set "Local+" as the default kernel globally
in the "Evaluation :: Default kernel" menu and the kernel will show up as a
separate entry in the taskbar by default.

HTH,
Alexey

"Yves Klett" <yves.klett@googlemail.com> wrote:
> In earlier incarnations, the kernel would show up as a separate entry in
> the taskbar (on Win XP, that was), which made it very convenient to
> kill. I kind of miss that behaviour (when things go wrong repeatedly).
>
> Regards,
> Yves

Date Subject Author
7/10/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/11/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
John Fultz
7/12/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Yves Klett
7/14/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
David Bailey
7/15/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Alexey
7/15/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/18/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
David Bailey
7/19/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Michael Weyrauch
7/22/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
David Bailey
7/19/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
leigh pascoe
7/20/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Bill Rowe
7/20/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
W. Craig Carter
7/20/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
George Woodrow III
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Michael Weyrauch
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/25/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/26/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Yves Klett
7/11/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/11/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Roland Franzius
7/12/12