Topic: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Replies: 114   Last Post: Aug 7, 2012 3:15 AM

HH

Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"

On 8/1/12 8:45 PM, Bill Graham wrote:

>>> There must be a distinction between the "Artistic Expression" and
>>> the canvas its painted on... This reminds me of Nixon's tapes. The
>>> information on them was his private "papers" and should have been
>>> protected by the forth amendment, but SCOTUS said that since he
>>> purchased the tape and recording equipment with government money,
>>> everything belonged to them, and so they tromped on his forth
>>> amendment rights to be secure in his personal papers and effects.

>> If one of the "little guys" tried the same approach, I'd suspect
>> that they'd be told that since the conversations recorded were done
>> on the job that the information on the tapes was a "work for hire"
>> or some such thing and belonged to the government.
>>

>>> Since the artist painted on your house, you can now trash his
>>> work with impumity according to SCOTUS.....

> Yes. I used to work for a government financed physics laboratory. We had
> an office supplies locker. Occasionally, I would take a steno pad out of
> that locker. Suppose I kept a personal diary on these steno pads. And
> suppose the police confiscated one of my pads, and used the information
> on it against me in a court of law. My attorney might argue that this
> was a violation of my forth amendment rights to be secure in my papers
> and personal effects, but the proswecution could argue that, since the
> steno pad was government property, I had no right to the information on
> that pad, and it could be used against me in a court of law. If this is
> the case, then everyone out there take notice: If you keep a personal
> record of your activities, be sure to keep it on paper that you purchase
> with your own money, and keep the receipt you got when yuou bought it,
> preferably pasted on the book itself, since our judges are apparently
> too stupid to be able to tell the difference between data and the medium
> it is recorded on, and/or think that the framers of the constitution
> couldn't tell that difference.

Gawd, what an ignoramus you are. When the prosecution gets a valid
search warrant for your papers, it doesn't matter who bought the pad.

Date Subject Author
7/24/12
Read Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Jos Bergervoet
dev-null@example.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
7/25/12
Read Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law
firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/25/12
Read Re: Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law
firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/25/12
Read Re: Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Jos Bergervoet
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Gordon Burditt
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Gordon Burditt
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/6/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/7/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/28/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/29/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/30/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
glen herrmannsfeldt
7/31/12
[...]
Pubkeybreaker
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/28/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/29/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
cdarrow@jprude.net
7/29/12
john_morriss@hotmail.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Porky Pig Jr
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
cdarrow@jprude.net
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
KBH
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Archimedes Plutonium: wanker
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
hagman
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
richard miller
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bacle H
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Dick Adams