Topic: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Replies: 114   Last Post: Aug 7, 2012 3:15 AM

HH

Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"

On 8/3/12 10:48 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
> David Bernier wrote:

>>> Every time I think you can't get any more ignorant, you prove me
>>> wrong.

>>> The gov has the right to evidence of a crime.

>>> That wouldn't be you.

>>> It's "fourth." And no, the framers didn't have "recording media" in
>>> mind when they banned unreasonable search and seizure, bu they're
>>> covered anyway. The framers certainly recognized that a criminal
>>> justice system requires reasonable search and seizure to prosecute
>>> criminals like Nixon.

>>> Despite his protestations, Nixon was a crook, and the government was
>>> entitled to seize the evidence of his crimes using the due process
>>> afforded by the judiciary.

>>> Nixon's crimes? You bet. Your abyssal ignorance? Ditto.

>>> Horseshit. The government still needs a judicial order based on
>>> cause to seize any of my personal effects, just as they needed one
>>> to seize Nixon's tapes.
>>>
>>> Note that not even Nixon argued 4th Amendment issues in challenging
>>> the subpoena. He relied on executive privilege.
>>>

>> Yes, so I've heard with respect to executive privilege.
>>
>> The case was United States v. Nixon (1974).
>>
>> On Wikipedia:
>>
>> < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Nixon > .
>>
>> Dave

> Just because Nixon and his lawyers were too stupid to be able to read
> and interpret the US Constitution, that doesn't mean that his 4th
> amendment rights weren't violated.

Nixon himself was a very smart lawyer. He graduated at the top of his
class at Duke Law. His lawyer in the tapes case was James St Clair, who
graduated from Harvard Law and had a brilliant career in public service.
You think these two didn't know how to read the Constitution? And who
are you? Besides an egregious ignoramus, that is.

> I say they were, and Nixon should
> have dug a hole in the White house lawn, had a big bar-b-que, invited
> the press, and tossed those tapes into the pit as soon as the hot dogs
> were cooked and served.

Destroying subpoenaed evidence is a crime, which would have led to his
immediate impeachment and conviction.

> Just gbecasue the government does something, that doesn't mean its
> right. - Only liberals believe that.....

Just because you don't like the result, that doesn't mean it's wrong.
Only an ignoramus believes that.

Date Subject Author
7/24/12
Read Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Jos Bergervoet
dev-null@example.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
7/25/12
Read Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law
firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/25/12
Read Re: Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law
firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/25/12
Read Re: Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Jos Bergervoet
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Gordon Burditt
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Gordon Burditt
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/6/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/7/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/28/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/29/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/30/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
glen herrmannsfeldt
7/31/12
[...]
Pubkeybreaker
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/28/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/29/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
cdarrow@jprude.net
7/29/12
john_morriss@hotmail.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Porky Pig Jr
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
cdarrow@jprude.net
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
KBH
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Archimedes Plutonium: wanker
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
hagman
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
richard miller
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bacle H
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Dick Adams