Topic: generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 6:41 AM

Michal Kvasnicka

Re: generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <keb0fg$nm2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Michal Kvasnicka" wrote in message <keaup4$i8g$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > As always, very elegant solution, thanks!
> >
> > Can I have few additional questions:
> > 1. the "ismember" function is the most time consuming function during the computation. Is there any chance to create some faster aleternative, see for example http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/306676#832549
> > 2. Will be possible just count the succesful permutations, without permutation generation?
> > 3. Will be possible to prealocate variables "p" and "q"? For bigger dimensions the expanding is slower and slower?

> At some point, you should try it on your own to adap to you need.
>
> Bruno

yes, of course.,anyway thank you again for your help.

Michal

Date Subject Author
8/9/12
Read generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions
Michal Kvasnicka
8/10/12
Read Re: generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions
Bruno Luong
8/10/12
Read Re: generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions
Michal Kvasnicka
8/21/12
[...]
8/23/12
Read Re: generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions
Michal Kvasnicka
1/29/13
Read Re: generation of random multiset permutation with restrictions
Michal Kvasnicka
1/30/13