Topic: Strogatz 2.0
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 11, 2012 11:03 PM

Roberta M. Eisenberg

Re: Strogatz 2.0

The articles were wonderful!! I saved all of them, but it turned out that I didn't need to because they are still available on the nyt website (link given by Evan).

Thanks, Evan, for the alert about the new series.

Bobbi

On Sep 11, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Evan Romer wrote:

> Two years ago Steve Strogatz did a 15-part series on math as a weekly NY Times blog. Lots of good stuff, most of it not directly applicable to our daily teaching. (Note that I said "directly.")
>
> http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/series/steven_strogatz_on_the_elements_of_math/index.html
>
> He's back with a 6-part series (once a week starting today),?Me, Myself and Math,? that focuses on math as it applies to people. For example: DNA, fingerprints, the pattern of hair on a baby's head, social networks.
>
> http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/singular-sensations
>
> Evan Romer
> Susquehanna Valley HS
> Conklin NY