Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 13, 2012 6:44 PM

Bradley Stoll

Re: [ap-calculus] continous function questions

It bothers me, too, Michael. I'm not sure all books have the same defn,
but Thomas' defn of a continuous function was:

f is a continuous function if it is continuous on its domain.

Bradley

On 9/13/12 12:51 PM, "Michael Kaplan" <mkaplan@rih.org> wrote:

>according to our text, y=1/x is a continuous function because x=0 is not
>in the domain. So continuous functions can have points of discontinuity.
>

>My students were bothered by that. Any additional insight?
>

>====
>Course related websites:
>http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/calculusab
>http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/calculusbc
>---
>To search the list archives for previous posts go to
>http://lyris.collegeboard.com/read/?forum=ap-calculus

====
Course related websites:
---