Topic: How do I compare mupad symbolic objects (VPA)?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 3, 2012 9:30 AM

Petr Krysl

Re: How do I compare mupad symbolic objects (VPA)?

"Gilles" wrote in message <k4f3sg$qie$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi guys,
>
> How do I compare mupad symbolic objects?
>
> xl=vpa(1)
> xl =
> 1.0
> K>> xl<0
> Error using sym>notimplemented (line 2682)
> Function 'lt' is not implemented for MuPAD symbolic objects.
>
> Error in sym/lt (line 812)
> notimplemented('lt');
>
> Is this possible? I don't think I would want to convert to just the regular double because it may not be able to represent the variable precision arithmetic object. So how do I do this?

This may be just a difference between the releases of the Symbolic Toolbox. It seems to work in 2012b.

MathWorks: what say you?

Thanks,

Petr