The Math Forum

Topic: question about Euclidean points and Cartesianism
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 10, 2012 4:49 PM

David Chmelik

Re: trolling (was: a mathematical point models the mind)

On 10/09/2012 06:35 AM, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
> In <k503pc$3ev$1@dont-email.me>, on 10/08/2012
> at 07:56 PM, David Melik <dchmelik@hipplanet.com> said:
>

>> As stated earlier in the thread, any definition of the mind other
>> than a mathematical point is broken down by Chandrakirti's sevenfold
>> proof of emptiness and is shown to be an inaccurate, impossible
>> model.

> ROTF.LMAO! You don't even know what a point is in Mathematics.

Congratulations. By contradicting Euclid's _Elements_' definition, 'a
point is that which has no part' (unless you have a better translation,)
and not understanding a description of Hilbert space, and using improper
grammar (a full stop to separate two abbreviations that are a sentence
fragment, and capitalizing 'mathematics' when it was not in the context
of an academic subject,) you appear to be a poorly educated wack job.
Maybe you think you are greater than Euclid, but you are not.