Topic: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college

Replies: 13   Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 1:18 AM

Sam Wormley

Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college

On 11/8/12 6:36 PM, CWatters wrote:
> On 08/11/2012 07:54, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>> As far as I know, there is no cell phone with a built in tape
>> recorder.
>>
>> Now I wonder if a tape-recorder is difficult to build into a cell
>> phone because of the magnetic tape? I am guessing the hard-drive is
>> itself iron magnetic tape. Now I suppose a tape recorder based on
>> light as a CD could be an alternative.
>>
>> But anyway, it seems as though the technology of the tape recorder has
>> been left behind or stagnant in the past 2 decades compared to the
>> camera, computer and telephone.
>>
>> Any reason for this stagnation and why no cellphone as a built in tape
>> recorder.

> This is a wind up right?

All iDevices have recording capability... I use mine often.

Date Subject Author
11/8/12
Read why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
Sam Wormley
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Helmut Wabnig
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Michael Stemper
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
HVAC
11/11/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
mark.n.mcallister
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
W. Dale Hall