Topic: Curve fitting errors
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 9:46 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Curve fitting errors

"Sarah " <skragt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am attempting to fit a large set of data and locate peaks using a
> Gaussian function. I am not familiar with Matlab, and have started writing
> code for it, but I get an error message. "Undefined function 'minus' for
> input arguments of type 'dataset'"
> load('hcldcl25th1.mat')
> x=hcldcl25th1(:,1);
> y=hcldcl25th1(:,2);
> f(1)=2;
> f(2)=4;
> f(3)=2798;
> fittype=(f(1)*exp(((x-f(3)).^2.*(-4*log(2)))./(f(2).^2)));
> f(1), f(2), and f(3) are my initial guesses. What do I need to do, or what
> am I doing wrong?

From the error, the data in your MAT-file is stored in a dataset object. The
arithmetic operations (like PLUS, MINUS, etc.) aren't defined for dataset
objects. You will need to extract the data from the dataset object before
you can perform arithmetic on the data. [After all, it wouldn't make sense
to add the patient's name and the patient's age, would it?]

Steve Lord

Date Subject Author
Read Curve fitting errors
Read Re: Curve fitting errors