Topic: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Replies: 118   Last Post: Dec 17, 2012 8:49 PM

m. m. m.

Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.

On Dec 16, 3:12 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <dfda217d-a624-45fa-b450-54da0ff37...@r14g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > On 16 Dez., 21:35, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > However, you haven't justified your claim that there are only
> > > countable many countable languages, and in fact it can be shown that
> > > this isn't true.

> > Then there is another contradiction. I can prove the contrary.
>
> > All characters belong to a countable set, because it must be possible
> > to encode them as finite strings of bits:

> > 0
> > 1
> > 00
> > 01
> > 10
> > 11
> > 000

> > The list is countable. The meanings of words formed by these
> > characters and used for discourse must be defined by men.

> Some nonhuman species are alleged to have languages, though much more
> primitive that present human languages.
>

> > There will
> > never be more than a finite set of definitions.

> But one can define a set whose members need not all be definable.
>

> > But even an infinite
> > set of languages would not surpass a countable set of words

> Words terminate, strings need not terminate.
> --

++Musatov

Date Subject Author
12/14/12
Read The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/14/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/14/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
William Elliot
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Rupert
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
trj
12/15/12
[...]
12/16/12
[...]
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Tanu R.
12/15/12
[...]
netzweltler
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Tanu R.
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Tanu R.
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
namducnguyen
12/15/12
[...]
fom
12/17/12
[...]