Topic: Is every physical property relative?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 5:28 AM

Tom Potter

Re: Is every physical property relative?

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 12/15/12 3:10 PM, Victor Porton wrote:
>> From my blog:
>>
>> http://portonmath.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/complete-relativity-theory/
>>
>> Disclaimer: I am not a physicist.
>>
>> Einstein has discovered that some physical properties are relative.

> We have two major physical theories that do a remarkably good job
> of modeling physical reality. Einstein's relativity and the quantum
> mechanics.
>
> I say remarkable in that there has never been an observation that
> contracts a prediction of relativity or the quantum mechanics. It
> is important to note that different observers may not see the same
> order of event or the same outcomes, yet those measurements are
> real, accurately describing the behavior of nature.

Sammy, why don't you demonstrate the power and utility of Relativity,
by using it to compute the shape of the Earth,
and a free tides as Newton did
using his old system and hand calculations?

--
Tom Potter
http://tom-potter.tel