Topic: How to draw markers on a 2-D colormap plot?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 9:50 AM

Md. Shahriar Karim

Re: How to draw markers on a 2-D colormap plot?

"Sadik " <sadik.hava@gmail.com> wrote in message <kbo7bf$3om$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Shahriar,
>
> You should use plot3.
>
> Let us say condition is DATA<0.5. Then,
>
> Xcond = X(DATA<0.5);
> Ycond = Y(DATA<0.5);
> Zcond = DATA<0.5;
>
> plot3(Xcond,Ycond,Zcond,'*')
>
> Best.

Hi Sadik,

Thanks for your reply. But I am looking to plot markers on X-Y plane and not in 3D. Because, I have a 2-D plot where the colormap is representing the third dimension.

Say, the third dimension is Z-value....

What I am trying is to plot markers on the colormap for some specific values of Z. I am not plotting Z here, but plotting markers with XY location denoted by V1() and V2().

I hope it's clear to you now. Thanks,

Shahriar