Topic: How to draw markers on a 2-D colormap plot?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 9:50 AM

Md. Shahriar Karim

Re: How to draw markers on a 2-D colormap plot?

"Sadik " <sadik.hava@gmail.com> wrote in message <kbqhvp$bj$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> You are using surf, I would not consider that to be a 2D plot.
>
> Please give the following a try and you will probably see that it works.'
>
> Best.
>
> Xcond = X(DATA<0.5);
> Ycond = Y(DATA<0.5);
> Zcond = DATA(DATA<0.5);
>
> surf(X,Y,DATA)
> hold on
> plot3(Xcond,Ycond,Zcond,'*')

Hi Sadik,

Thanks a lot. I got the clue from your last comment :) and finally, with a little modification got this working. I added another command "view(2)" after the plot3 command.

Yes, I used surf, but it appears as if the plot is in 2D (due the the "cameraposition" stetting) and the colormap makes the third dimension.

Thanks again.

Shahriar