Topic: Interactive formula display
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 11:45 PM

David Dalton

Re: Interactive formula display

In article <f60d06ae-8e8c-4b9a-9386-c286b466a364@googlegroups.com>,
Cosmic Interloper <mrgranthaywood@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I am searching for either an (html standards based) implementation of or
> expert advice on creating a method of displaying math formulas in a manner
> that when you hover the mouse over symbols in the formula a mouse over popup
> is displayed explaining that symbol context.
>
> example:
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/f/2/f/f2f955a43ad73b9d7da53126a5a39a93.png
>
> I think this would go far (especially in Wikipedia) in helping the layman
> understand formula from different disciplines where symbols can have
> alternate meanings.

You might be able to get some advice on comp.text.tex .

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music