Topic: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 17, 2013 9:50 PM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not

Kaba <kaba@nowhere.com> writes:

> 8.1.2013 0:11, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
>> Your rant is, frankly, silly. We're talking about a constant factor
>> here. Either we write 2pi or tau. Hell, in LaTeX, it's even the same
>> number of characters!

> It is the form and structure of the formulae and constructions which are
> better exposed by well-chosen abstraction and syntaxes. That's the point.

>> Well, pick your battles, but don't expect others to care.As for me,
> Oh, I don't :D Care who want's to care.

>> I'm much more concerned about the blatant misuse of the word "like". I
>> think I'll try to stop full-growed adults from saying "I was like" when
>> they mean "I replied". Now, that's an important war to wage.

> That's an honorable quest:)

Glad you're with me on this. Next week, we storm the "This American
Life" towers. Oh, they do good work, but they gotta be made to see the

"And yes, for those who think that just maybe I did find a short proof
of Fermat's Last Theorem, and THE prime counting function, if I
succeed at what I'm working on now world economy as you know it will
be gone." -- James Harris branches out.