Topic: matlab slow for loop
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 5:46 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: matlab slow for loop

"Eric Sampson" wrote in message <kchpbs$48s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> b) the interesting part: if you do use sum as a variable, then the function speed is only affected slightly - but the CL/script speed goes out the window! This could be one of those cases where the loop is being interpreted; hypothetically perhaps the compiler can't handle function/variable overloading as well in the CL/script case due to the looser variable scoping rules compared to functions. Regardless I'll submit a enhancement request to TMW and see what comes of it.

I did suggested at one point that the base (command line) workspace would be beneficial of the same JIT accelerator as function. I believe my request get unoticed or ignored by TMW. :-(

They might have the reason not to do so, but I have no idea what.

You might get a better chance.

Bruno