Topic: Property related to denseness
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 4:34 PM

Michael Stemper

Re: Property related to denseness

In article <d2c170e4-b59b-4c73-8a73-24374fc8b6e1@googlegroups.com>, Paul <pepstein5@gmail.com> writes:

>Let A be a subset of the topological space of X.

>What is the standard terminology for the property
> that X = the intersection of all the open sets that contain A?

The trivial topology?

If these two Xs refer to the same thing, then I don't see how X could be
the intersection of more than one subset of X, and I don't see how that
subset could be anything other than X.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>