Topic: Lower bound of a non-convex program through the dual problem in Matlab
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 23, 2013 3:59 AM

Muhammad

Re: Lower bound of a non-convex program through the dual problem in Matlab

Bruno,

That's a good observation! :) I am actually maximizing an integer non-concave nonlinear program :S. I am using branch and bound to solve the problem, i.e.:

1. I make some decision on the integer variables.

2. For each decision variable, I try to get an upper and lower bound of the problem.

3. I compare the bounds of different branches (integer variables) and remove the worse ones.

4. After some iterations, I will stop, pick the best branch (integer variable) and hopefully know how far I am from the optimum (using the best upper bound).

Any feasible solution of a non-concave program can be treated as its lower bound. But, I need some ways to calculate a good upper bound (not +Inf :) ). I am looking for some software that can help me.

Thanks,

Nazmul