Topic: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Replies: 41   Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 4:46 AM

kirby urner

Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
att1.html (1.6 K)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Domenico Rosa <DRosa@post.edu> wrote:

> In my opinion, the CCSS will do little more than perpetuate the
> pseudo-education of American students, as was the case with the national
> propaganda campaign that launched assorted "stardards" and "math reform" in
> 1989. As was the case with the "standards" and "math reform," the sole
> beneficiaries will be:
> 1. The people who prepare and administer assorted "mastery tests."
> 2. The owners of the scoring mills that grade these tests.
> 3. Consultants who will be offering workshops, seminars and minicourses to
> train teachers how to implement the CCSS and how to "boost scores."
> 4. The writers, publishers and promoters of our bloated doorstops who will
> be peddling their latest editions as "meeting the CCSS."

That's quite a long list of beneficiaries, which is an argument in itself
for keeping the campaign going.

Students might be helped in other ways.

Surely you do not think classroom teachers are the only pigs at the trough
here. We all need our feed.

Why do you begrudge these people their busy work?

Kirby

Date Subject Author
1/24/13
Read Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Domenico Rosa
1/25/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
1/25/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Domenico Rosa
1/25/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
1/26/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
1/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
1/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
1/28/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Louis Talman
1/26/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/28/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Domenico Rosa
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
1/28/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
CCSSIMath
2/8/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Wayne Bishop
1/28/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
1/28/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
CCSSIMath
2/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Louis Talman
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
1/31/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
1/29/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/8/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Wayne Bishop
1/30/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
Domenico Rosa
1/31/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/1/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/2/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
2/1/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/1/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/1/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/2/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
2/3/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/8/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/11/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
2/12/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
GS Chandy
2/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
CCSSIMath
2/27/13
Read Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards
kirby urner
2/28/13