Topic: Invariant subspace problem solved?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 6, 2013 7:34 AM

David Bernier

Re: Invariant subspace problem solved?

On 01/28/2013 10:35 AM, David Bernier wrote:
> On 01/28/2013 06:31 AM, José Carlos Santos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I found several texts across the Internet stating that the Invariant
>> Subspace problem for Hilbert spaces was solved by Carl Cowen (USA) and
>> Eva Gallardo (Spain). However, each of these texts is written either in
>> Spanish or in Portuguese. This is rather odd, given the importance of
>> the problem. Did anyone around here read something about this subject?

> [...]
>
> I found something similar to what you found.
>
> From the "Real Sociedad Matemática Española" web-site, a 2013 meeting:
>
> "del 21 al 25 de Enero" 21-25 January?
>
> http://www.rsme.es/content/view/1199/1/
>
> I think they mention John von Neumann and the 1930s ...

[...]

Someone who wrote in English had noticed, says authors are
"known mathematicians" roughly:

http://aperiodical.com/2013/01/the-invariant-subspace-problem-solved-for-hilbert-space/

dave
--
dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID