Topic: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Replies: 76   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 6:57 PM

David Petry

Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:26:38 PM UTC-8, W. Dale Hall wrote:
> david petry wrote:
>

> > Doron Zeilberger wrote the following in an opinion piece on his website:
>

> > "Read Wolfgang Mueckenheim's fascinating book ! I especially like the bottom
>
> > of page 112 and the top of page 113, that prove, once and for all,
>
> that (at least)
>

> > the actual infinity is pure nonsense."
>

> > http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~zeilberg/Opinion68.html
>

> > I'd be interested in seeing an English translation of the bottom of page 112 and the top of page 113.
>

> I suppose you missed the statement that immediately followed that:
>

> Clarification added Aug. 25, 2011: My endorsement of Wolfgang
>
> Mueckenheim's wonderful book is purely philosophical. I have no
>
> expertise, or interest, in checking any possible technical
>
> claims that he may have made.

Of course I did not miss that. Is that extremely important?

Date Subject Author
1/29/13
Read Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/29/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a non-mathematician
W. Dale Hall
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David C. Ullrich
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a pseudo-serious non-mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Frederick Williams
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
David Petry
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/1/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a not so serious non-mathematician
Virgil
2/1/13
[...]
Jesse F. Hughes
1/30/13
[...]
quasi
1/30/13
[...]
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious self-confessed non-mathematician?
Virgil
1/31/13
[...]
Read Re: Poor Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious non-mathematician
Virgil
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
quasi
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
1/30/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/30/13
[...]
fom
1/31/13
Read Re: Endorsement of Wolfgang Mueckenheim from a serious mathematician
Brian Q. Hutchings