Topic: c program fails to compile with mex, while cpp program compiles fine
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 1, 2013 1:55 PM

James Tursa

Re: c program fails to compile with mex, while cpp program compiles fine

"someone" wrote in message <keh188$j0e$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> I may be completely off base here, but my understanding is that MATLAB doesn't "come" with a c compiler. It uses the c compiler you have (already) installed on your computer (with the "mex -setup" command).

32-bit MATLAB typically ships with the lcc compiler (a C compiler). I don't think 64-bit MATLAB ships with any compiler (although I don't have 64-bit MATLAB myself to check this).

James Tursa