Topic: Any way to get gradient lines as well as contour lines?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 4, 2013 1:25 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Any way to get gradient lines as well as contour lines?

Grad[Sin[x + y^2], {x, y}]

{Cos[x + y^2], 2*y*Cos[x + y^2]}

Plot3D[Sin[x + y^2], {x, -Pi, Pi}, {y, -2, 2},
MeshFunctions -> {
Cos[#1 + #2^2] &,
2 #2 Cos[#1 + #2^2] &},
Mesh -> {10, 20},