Topic: Transform Time domain data ( in txt format) to Frequency Domain
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 4, 2013 3:32 PM

Derek Goring

Re: Transform Time domain data ( in txt format) to Frequency Domain

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:03:08 AM UTC+13, Meran wrote:
> Dear ALL
>

> I am trying to transform data from time domain which i have them in" txt" format to frequency domain by using " FFT ". The txt data has to columns ( 1st :Time) and (2nd :amplitude). I don't know , i need to use FFT(x) or FFT(x,n) and how can plot the data in have in time domain and plot in frequency Domain .
>

> Thanks for you Help .

You need to convert from 'txt' format (whatever that means) to numbers before you plot or use fft:
help str2num