Topic: Stephen Wolfram's recent blog
Replies: 19   Last Post: Feb 19, 2013 1:09 AM

Kevin J. McCann

Re: Stephen Wolfram's recent blog

I find the auto completion to be a major annoyance in the following
circumstance. Suppose I wish to type GM/r in the "upright" form that you
get by doing ctrl-/. If I type GM in the top box and tab to the bottom
to type r - great, nothing to it. Now suppose that I have defined GM=1,
say. If I then type GM in the upper box, I am offered the auto
completion of GM; so, when I hit the tab to go to the lower box, instead
it inserts the GM I already typed and leaves me at the end of that. This
occurs so often in what I do that I have turned off the auto completion,
since I usually type while looking at my notes rather than at what
Mathematica is doing to "help".

Kevin