Topic: cla clearing handles from the wrong axis
Replies: 9   Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 4:01 PM

Scott

Re: cla clearing handles from the wrong axis

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kgdqnq$d5q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> FYI I understood what happens.
>
> Bruno

So what I'm not understanding then about your answer are a few things:

Why does it only touch some of the handles of the main figure window/axis?

Why should it touch the handles of the main figure window/axis at all? They aren't associated with the second axis. I thought the one of the points of specifying an axis on cla() was so that only that axis was affected.

I do use guidata. But this change happens within a function right after I have called cla()

Then I use guidata at the end of the function like this:

guidata(myData.mainWindowFigHandle, myData) [myData contains the handles for the whole GUI]
guidata(myData.window2Handles.figHandle,myData.window2Handles) [myData.window2Handles just contains the handles associated with the 2nd window]

but the change that occurs well up in the function persists after the guidata has been called and the function is exited, so I don't see how it can have to do with guidata.

cla() seems like the quickest and most efficient way to clear the 2nd figure so I can plot different data on it. It works really well for that but seems to give me this unfortunate bug.

Thanks